Sunday, January 23, 2005

There ARE no excuses

I haven't posted much lately - I haven't done much lately. I've been locked into autopilot and though I sort of had this nagging, "You're not writing" voice in the back of my head, I answered it by saying, "There's nothing to write about yet." But guess what I learned today? There are no excuses. Take this blog for instance: A Series of Inconsequential Events. This is one of the blogs I check on a fairly regular basis because she's a teacher, and I'm going to be a teacher, and she keeps the reality in check. I click on her blog today and she has a fabulous entry about bathing her dog. BATHING HER DOG! It's funny - it's good stuff. I'm reading it, and that stupid voice in my head says, "See, there ARE no excuses." Then I head on over to another blog in my blogroll, Woulda Coulda Shoulda and I find a very entertaining diatribe on snow, and the glory of being RIGHT. Now the voice in my head is getting a big head and taunting me... and I'm going to try to be a bit more diligent about the only New Year Resolution that makes sense... write, dammit... just write.

*Donny Osmond covers "Right Here Waiting for You" and I like it... insanity, thy name is sobriety.