Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Yeah Yeah, I Got Sumptin' to Say

First, my daily dose of "Oh for the LOVE of God..." comes from my gmail inbox:

"Dear (No, I didn't delete my name... it was left blank... so credible...)

I am Mrs Martha Haafken from Austria. I am married to Dr.Franklyn Peter Haafken who worked with ChevronTexaco Oil in South African for twenty five years, before he died in Banda Aceh coastal region of Indonesia when we both went for holidays in Indonesia before the tsunami earthquake in Asia. He died immediately from the wave of the flood due to the tsunami earthquake. We were married for twenty-seven years without a child. He died during tsunami earthquake in Indonesia . Before his death we were both born again christians.Since his dead, I am enable to speak and walk due to many complications which I have during the flood and his dead. When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of (8.6 Million) (Eight Million six hundred thousand dollars)with a security company here in Europe. Presently, this money is still with the security company and the management just wrote me as the beneficiary to come forward to receive the money or rather issue a letter of authorisation to somebody to receive it on my behalf if I can not come over. Presently, I'm with my laptop in an hospital where I have been undergoing treatment for my legs which got broken during the flooding and other complications. I have since lost my ability to talk and my doctors have told me that I will needs to stay some more times in the hospital due to so many complications. . It is my last wish to see that this money is invested the proceed at the end of every year distributed among charity organisation, tsunami victims, I want a person that is God fearing that will use this money to fund churches,orphanages and widows propagating the word of God and to ensure that the house of God is maintained, that is the reason why I contacted you, since I have the believe that you will use the money for those purposes. The Bible made us to understand that Blessed is the hand that giveth.I took this decision because I know that there are alot of poor people suffering from different kind of diseases and nobody never come to their aid. With God all things are possible. As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of my attorney and also of the security company where the money was deposited. I will also issue you a letter of authority that will prove you as the new beneficiary of this funds.You are to help me invest this funds into real estate and stocks, and in any landed properties in your country.You will be entitled to 10% of every profit you make in each year. Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated herein. You can contact me with my email address marthahaafken@walla.com
Hoping to hearing from you soon. waiting for your reply,
Yours in Christ,


You know - these Nigerian money e-mails use to be funny... this is so...so...not funny. I mean... the tsunami? So low...


And then there's my daily dose of, "Wow... I'm humbled" that comes from you guys who have dropped me a private e-mail just to check up on me and see if I'm alright. I'm blessed... just blessed to "know" you.