Monday, January 30, 2006

No Me-Me for Me Today

This entire week will most likely be "real time" blogging. I have neither the time nor the energy to pull something creative out of my ass.

LoveBug is home and resting as comfortably as possible. He's in a fair amount of discomfort, but all things considered I suppose it could be worse. I have to find him an ortho here in town for a follow-up asap. We're hanging our hopes on the thought that he didn't blow his knee as well, but it's not looking good. The majority of his pain is centered in that area. If he did, well... more surgeries are in his near future.

It's good that he's here, and that he's under my care, it really is. BUT I never realized how much we accomplish as a pair until I had to do it alone.

There's bills to be paid.
Calls to make.
Research to do.
Faxes to be sent.
Kids to be driven.
Meals to be fixed.
Trash to be taken.
Mail to be sent.
Laundry
Yard Work
Pets
Housework
Remodeling

And to top that off, I have school and work

And a husband to care for.

It means so much to him that I bring him cold water or hot coffee
A banana or a bowl of cereal
Charge his phone
Find him an ortho
Give him a spongebath
Hold the spit cup so he can brush his teeth
Stand behind him while he uses the restroom so he doesn't lose his balance and tumble back

And with all this going on, you're probably wondering why the hell I'm blogging?

I have to write. I have to get it out. I have to scream at the screen to keep myself sane.

He asked if I was alright.
I said, "I'm not broken."
He said, "Yet."

I've never been good at hiding my feelings.

This is Funky, and that is all.