Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Pouty McPout-Pout

Do you know what I forgot to do last week?

I got up, showered, worked, studied, attended classes, cared for the Buglettes, fed the pets, emptied the trash, and blogged. Then I went to bed, got up, and did it all again.

I remembered to brush my teeth.
I even wore underwear (some days).

But I never put on my sense of humor.

It occurred to me this evening that I was being WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to serious.

Not that a broken leg is funny.

But there are things that a sense of humor can do for a gal to help her push her way to the next level of stress.

It didn't occur to me until this evening that I haven't really laughed since LoveBug got hurt.
No, it's still not funny.

But life is funny. Life is humorous. Life is too long and too short. You should laugh every single day.

My smile has been plastered on my face like a bad wax job. But it's never been a real smile.

Sometime this evening I snapped. I had class until 9:30, and since I was only ten minutes from the office, I drove on over and picked up some work to take home with me. After being quizzed by security, I gathered up some stuff, tackled a shitty network, overcame another hurdle, and took the elevator back down to the first floor.

An hour later, this chubby guy that works for the cleaning company stopped me as I stepped off the elevator.

"Late night?"

"Um, yeah."

"What are you doing here at this hour?"

"Well, my husband is healing from an injury, and I'm working from home for a few days."

"Oh, do you work for the State Attorney?"

"No, I'm a court reporter."

"Well, there are no courts going on at this hour."

"Well, yes, I know this. However, I'm working on some designations, so I can do that at any hour."

"You mean you're taking confidential information outside of the courthouse?"


And I looked at this Elmer Fuddster pushing his trashcan and said,

"So, how's that mop working out for you?"

That's when I snapped. Well, it could be argued that I snapped just before making this inappropriate comment.

But as I left him in a trail of dust he'll have to clean up, I started to chuckle.

Then I started giggling.

When I made it to the parking lot, I started laughing.

By the time I made it to the Jeep, tears were streaming down my face.

And I laughed almost the entire way home.

It's 1:30am, and I'm as energized as I've ever been.

I can't wait for LoveBug to wake up in the morning and look to me for his healing care.

I was going to steal one of his Lortabs, but I think I'm going to be okay now.

This is Funky, and that is all.