Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I Drink Because I'm Mommy

*Sung poorly to the tune of "I Sing Because I'm Happy"

I had another working title for this post.
It was going to be...

SAY GOODNIGHT, FUNKY

A few months ago I found a shirt at the mall that said, simply,

"Nobody Cares About Your Blog"

I bought it because it made me giggle.

Fact of the matter is, it's also fairly true. At least to the point when you have to start dividing your time between sleep, sanity, and all those other necessities I seem to have misplaced.

We're on WWIIII (more like3,779) here in my house. I'm not going to whine, moan, or complain about it anymore.

Raising my kids is simply a day by day by day job.
Some days are extremely rewarding. Many more are very taxing.

And so I'm shutting her down. Not the kids, the blog.

Because I need to focus on the day by day by day part of maintaining my sanity so that I can raise my kids, play with my husband, and drink less.

And that means saying good-bye for now.


Greekchickie, thanks for the goodie in the Dasani bottle. I'll put it to good use.
Heather, thanks for re-sparking my love of the shutter.
Scotty, before blogs, there was e-mail.
Kami, thanks for taking care of my husband while he was broken on your turf.
John, thanks for my daily dose of "Kids will not kill you."



All of you, thank you.


This is Funky, and this really is all.