Thursday, September 28, 2006

Worms

I had no idea doing this...

would open this...

or make me feel like singing this...


Nobody loves me, everybody hates me,
Think I'll go and eat worms;

So I get to class tonight, ready to run some prints. I discover that my negatives from the shrine are not in my folder and suddenly remember that I left them sitting on my desk at home. I'm left with some artsy nude shots, or the Passion Play. Well, that made it a no-brainer, and I ran the print above.

But here's the thing (*cue the background music*)

Last week in class I was telling Professor Cutie Pants about the shrine (where it was, etc...) and he says, "You know where you need to go? The Passion Play property." A voice in the dark (we were rolling film in the darkroom) says, " I did. " Now I originally thought to myself, shoot. But you know the rest of the story. I went for the hell of it, but I didn't intend on turning any of the shots in, since the girl with the voice in the dark had already been there the week prior.

Then I saw the shot. It was perfect in every way. The contrast is dead on. The composition works. The lighting was flawless. It was the one. And I had to turn it in, given that my other options were an hour away. (Okay, end the flashback sequence soundtrack)

She saw me running my print tonight and had a FIT! She called me out immediately, telling me that I stoled her location. Hello? Stole it? No, not really... but yes, I knew she had been there first. And I told her that I left my other negatives at home, and that I felt kind of bad. And she proceeds to tell me I should feel worse than kind of bad (keep in mind she's making a scene in front of the entire class.) I asked her if more than one person had ever shot a picture of the Grand Canyon, and she said that wasn't the point.

So for the rest of the night, as I walked in and out of the darkroom, I walked into conversations anong several of my classmates revolving around my transgression. I should have asked first. I'm a copy cat. I'm rude. I'm stuck up. I'm a bitch. I'm unoriginal. I think I'm the shit. You name it, I'm it.

And after about two hours of this, I quietly packed up my stuff and left early.
I'm still turning it in, because it is beautiful, and I'm really proud of it.

But I feel like I'm eating the worms spilling out of the can I opened.

This is Funky, and that is all.