Sunday, January 16, 2005

Introducing: Funky Gets an A

It's my new, temporary blog which will most likely be deleted upon successful completion of Ethics 101. If you're feeling it, click on the link in my sidebar. I'll be posting the "ethical question of the week" as given to me by my professor, and also my thoughts or initial responses.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to read the question, read my thoughts, and then enter into thoughtful discourse about the matter (via the "comments" link, of course.) The purpose of ethics is to ask ourselves the tough questions, formulate our opinions, and then see if they stand up to various challenges or disagreements.

It's easy for Funky to state her opinion. Let's see if it stands up to reason. Socrates believed the answers were found in the questions, and the questions were found in the answers. Let's play with that a bit, shall we?