Monday, January 10, 2005

There's a Cockroach in my Coffee Pot

Monday... there are few knowns to Monday:

Known: I will oversleep
Known: I will be late for work
Known: I will make my coffee and Monday will get better

It's good to know what you know - it's safe and warm and fuzzy and comfortable.

This morning I got to work and there was a cockroach in the coffee pot. If it were a caterpillar, it would have been a cute baby caterpillar. It was not. It was a newly spawned creature of mass disgustion. There is nothing you can do when there is a cockroach in your coffee pot. You have to drive to 7-11 and buy your coffee until you can santize the decanter in the cafeteria dishwasher. I am disgusted.

How can something so safe and warm and fuzzy and comfortable suddenly disgust you? I'm sad to say, it's happened twice this morning... and both instances involved disgusting creatures invading and contaminating wonderful things.