Thursday, May 05, 2005

Canonizing Angelina

This One?

Or This One?


This One?

Or This One?


Now, before you get your panties in a bunch, let me explain by asking you to take a moment to reflect on this short list:

Camilla Parker Boles
Russell Crowe
Paris Hilton
Britney Spears
Melanie Griffith

Come on... at least one of those names made your blood boil just a little, didn't it? If not, then you can feel free to ignore the rest of this post.

Look, I know guys who swear they'd go gay for a shot at Pitt, and I know for certain that I would bed Angelina in a heartbeat... they are most likely as good as it gets. From the male standpoint, Brad is hitting the girl on the top of the "I'd Hit That" list, so he's exempt from scrutiny, but what about Angelina? America's First Couple splits and before Jen's tears are dry, the tabloids are buzzing about Brad and Ang... and what was your first thought? Unlike the list above, I haven't heard one single bad word about Angelina yet.

I believe we have canonized Angelina because she is so damned perfect...so damned hot...so damned hittable...and frankly the split made us feel a bit sorry for Jen, but not near enough to cast stones and Saint Jolie. Because ultimately, who could really blame Brad?