Monday, June 20, 2005

Conversation with a HELL(th) Teacher

Some of you may remember an earlier post regarding the sex-ed curriculum at my kids' school. In brief, the health teacher is teaching abstinence-only, and furthermore, telling kids that condoms do NOT protect them from AIDS and other STDs because, "the holes in the condom let the virus through." That being said, I bring you...

Conversation with a HELL(th) Teacher

I'm here to speak with you regarding the curriculum content for your sex education course. I'm going to speak, you are going to listen.

My daughter is almost fourteen years old. She is fertile, and she is hormonal. One day, hopefully in the not-so-near future, she is going to have sex. She may or may not be married. She may or may not want to conceive a child. She deserves respect, and she deserves to be informed.

You are not my daughter's preacher, and you are not my daughter's mother. You are an educator for the state of Florida. You are an employee paid by MY tax dollars. You carry the awesome responsibility of supplimenting my child's rearing, and you have misused that responsibility and abused my trust.

I am requesting a copy of your lesson plans, per my rights as a parent, tax payer, and resident of the state of Florida. I am taking this curriculum and highlighting anything and everything that is untruthful, misinterpreted, and/or fed to you by James Dobson, Focus on the Family, or the Republican party. Any and all misinformation will be presented at the next school board meeting. Copies will be made available to the local and state news medias, UNLESS you make all necessary corrections and submit a new curriculum, based solely on information from accredited health professionals NOT working for or with a religious organization, before the start of the 2005 - 2006 school year. Further, on behalf of every student misfortunate enough to darken your doorstep, I will sue you for professional misconduct.

Before I let you respond, I want you to know this: I am tape recording this conversation, and anything you say that sounds even remotely like Bill Frist, will be immediately and vehemently met with this simple phrase: "Bullshit."

Are we clear? Good. Your turn.

As she walked me to the door, I looked her squarely in the eye and said just this:

Lady, you just messed with the wrong mom. You'd better go to your preacher and start praying for salvation, because you haven't even begun to feel the licks of hell's flames. Before I'm done with you, you'll be kneeling before the almighty Mom.

That was my dream last night. Think maybe my subconscious mind is trying to tell me something?