Monday, November 07, 2005

Me-Me Monday #7



Welcome to another installment of, "Come ON -- tell me the WHOLE story!" otherwise known as "I love to talk about myself", and in a pinch can be called Me-Me Monday. The object of the game is to refer to your 101 Things About Me list, pick one of your "things" and tell the whole sordid tale.

I've had some requests for the image, and to make life easy for you, I've put it on my flickr page. Here's your sign ;)

Make sure you replace the parenthesis with < > .

(a href="http://funkybug.blogspot.com/")
(img src="http://static.flickr.com/29/43386062_d480de8e1d_o.jpg" border="0")(/a)

Remember... no "()", but "<>"

#7 I was raised in Indiana by my mother and step-father.

Gary, Indiana/Gary, Indiana...no, not there... but that song always precedes any thought of writing about my hometown. I was, in fact, raised here:



Bloomington, Indiana, home of the Indiana Hoosiers. My step-dad was career military; after retirement from active service, he took a position working for the ROTC Department at I.U. We all packed up and left Hawaii to "retire" in Indiana. This is a fact I think my mother never forgave him for. There's not much to say about being raised in Indiana. All my formal education happened there: Arlington Elementary, Dyer Middle, and Bloomington North.
I know I rag on Indiana all the time, but for today, I'll admit I have some fond memories of being raised in Indiana.

I love the transit system. From as early as I can remember, and for about 25 cents, I could walk to the end of my street, hop on a bus, and go anywhere.



I loved hanging out on Kirkwood with my best friend Dara. I loved sitting on a limestone sculpture in the middle of Peoples' Park, just people watching and learning how to smoke.



I loved Cascade's Park and it's hidden waterfall. Some of my earliest soul-searching was done sitting on the rocks beneath the ever-so-small trickle of water.

Bloomington, Indiana is a jewel -- a treasure, in fact. I was lucky that I was raised there, as opposed to any number of small (and small-minded) towns just 30 minutes north, south, east, OR west. I'm thankful I learned (though I didn't realize it then) that people are people, life-styles are personal, and diversity is golden.

AND THAT'S ABOUT ALL I CAN SAY (GOOD) ABOUT THAT!
************************************************************************

Now I just want to thank all of you for being patient and supportive during my bout with whatever the hell I had last week. I'm still a bit under the weather in that I seem to tire very easily, but I'm going to get back in the saddle and bring you some good stuff this week -- or at the very least, I will try.

I also want to let the following bloggers know that their Sims are now created. Please meet Scotty, Shiity, Andy, and Kristina Wormsley.

Your adventures will be going online very soon at Adventures in Cyberia. Those of you who requested Sims, but don't have them yet, please be patient. It's a loving work in progress.

Happy Monday, Kids!