Thursday, January 13, 2005

Bug Juice - 01/13/05

Where do your steps lead you? The good things which you love are all from God, but they are good and sweet only as long as they are used to do his will. They will rightly turn bitter if God is spurned and the things that come from him are wrongly loved. St. Augustine

Personal Reflection: I don't doubt the Coalition of the Religious Right believes they are gifted with knowledge... I don't doubt they feel a calling to use their faith to influence "the lost." I do sincerely doubt they are doing His will... I doubt it because I have received a different knowledge that feels just as real to me... I doubt it because all their "goodness" has rightly turned to "bitterness." They've forgotten "God" is not spelled GOP. My steps lead to to compassion, not coercion. Where are your steps leading you today?