Friday, August 19, 2005

One of These Things is Not Like the Other


First, I want you to take a look at these:

































Now I need you to take a look at this: Really, you won't get this post at ALL if you don't follow the link. I'll wait.
Okay - fine, here's one for those of you that don't follow links OR directions:


Okay - my point? The first set is a recent shoot I was commissioned for. The second set is the fabulous Kati, represented and photographed by the uber-talented Garrison Steele.

Now - one of these things is not like the other. Can you tell me what's missing in my shot? (If you say "talent" I want you to think LESS CRITICALLY.) That's right: The fabulous Kati.

But not for long. The uber-talented Garrison has, for reasons I cannot fathom, taken it upon himself to mentor me as I progress from chick-with-a-camera, to artist. I sent Garrison my cemetary shots, and in exchange, he offered me constructive criticism and praise. Then he offered me Kati. Literally. Kati has agreed to pose for me as part of a teaching experience that Garrison has, without ever asking for compensation, graciously offered me when I go to Indiana this weekend.

Holy.Shit.