Monday, December 05, 2005

Me-Me #11 -- More About My Sister



Welcome to another installment of, "Come ON -- tell me the WHOLE story!" otherwise known as "I love to talk about myself", and in a pinch can be called Me-Me Monday. The object of the game is to refer to your 101 Things About Me list, pick one of your "things" and tell the whole sordid tale. If you're new and you want to grab this image for your post, see the instructions at the end of my post.


11. She's always been a size 3.

Last week's Me-Me was about my sister, as is this week's. I guess my sister hasn't ALWAYS been a size 3. That's a bit of an overexaggeration. When she was born, she was a size 0-3 months. Bitch.

As I mentioned, my sister and I share the same mother but different fathers. I share my mother's DNA and propensity for obesity. My sister shares her DNA with Kate Moss.


Yeah, it's sort of like that.

Well, maybe more like this:



Growing up, she was always the cute little girl with the long, curly, strawberry-blonde hair, wearing little dresses and patent leather maryjanes. Beside her, I looked like an elephant in my bluejeans, t-shirt, and untied sneakers... my pageboy brown hair unsuccessfully restrained with barrettes.

"Oh, she's your sister? You don't look anything like her!"

I've heard that for as long as I can remember. Funny, but as we've grown closer these last few years, she admits that she hated hearing that comment as much as I did. For me, it was translated to "But you're so fat and she's so thin." For her it translated to "You were adopted."

I saw my sister last week and was amazed at how small she still is! She's popped out two pups but she can still tuck in her little sweater... tucks it right into her little jeans AND puts a belt around her little waist. And yes, she's still a size 3. Unless of course, she's now a size 1. Bitch.


Let me know if you played! Technorati found a few of you that I didn't know about, and if you play I want to know so's I can give you that linky lovin!

Here's the instructions for scarfing up this image for your Me-Me Monday:
Make sure you replace the parenthesis with < > .

(a href="http://funkybug.blogspot.com/")
(img src="http://static.flickr.com/29/43386062_d480de8e1d_o.jpg" border="0")(/a)

Remember... no "()", but "<>"

This is Funky, and that is all.