Thursday, December 01, 2005

HNT -- I'd Like to Buy the World a Coke


There are times I envy those who are color blind, and I mean that in it's truest definition. As a photographer of the digital variety, all my shots come out in living color. It's then up to me and Adobe to decide whether I want to color my world, or desaturate it.

More often than not, I desaturate my world. I take it to black and white so that, void of color, I can view the forms, shapes, and lines in their purests forms.

Light/Dark/Shadows

Then I think about those people who only see black and white, in the most deviated sense of the word. They see the world and the people around them as either being "right" or "wrong". They don't allow for blemishes, nuances, and imperfections. They damn everything that doesn't come out perfectly exposed in Velvia.

I'd like to buy the world a coke, and taint it with tolerance. Whether color blind, or 20/20, it would be so lovely if humanity could accept the things it fears, whatever they are.

Wouldn't it be grand if we could all rise to the challenge of loving the unloveable, embracing the unknown, and evolving to something higher than our own selfishness?

This is Funky, and that is all.

HNTbutton