Sunday, November 20, 2005

Me-Me Monday #9 -- Meet the Brat



Welcome to another installment of, "Come ON -- tell me the WHOLE story!" otherwise known as "I love to talk about myself", and in a pinch can be called Me-Me Monday. The object of the game is to refer to your 101 Things About Me list, pick one of your "things" and tell the whole sordid tale.

I've had some requests for the image, and to make life easy for you, I've put it on my flickr page. Here's your sign ;)

Make sure you replace the parenthesis with < > .

(a href="http://funkybug.blogspot.com/")
(img src="http://static.flickr.com/29/43386062_d480de8e1d_o.jpg" border="0")(/a)

Remember... no "()", but "<>"



9. I would have been a brat even if my mother hadn't rebounded with a military man.

Last week I discussed the fact that I misinterpreted the phrase "military brat" to be a brat raised by someone in the military. Well, my number 9 attests to the fact that I am, with or without Sarge's iron fist, a brat.

I have to say in all honesty, that I was always a brat, but it was buried very very deep. The brat gene was dormant. It's only surfaced in the last 4 or 5 years.

I don't think I knew I was a brat as a kid. I pretty much towed the line for fear of retribution, but looking back, I realize that I DID always have to have my way, I was just intelligent enough to manipulate circumstances to my favor. I didn't have to throw tempter tantrums, I just had to smooth talk and/or trick those around me into getting what I wanted.

Today, with the help of LoveBug, I am a full-fledged Brat. I've still got a ways to go, but here are some Exhibits for your consideration:

I refuse to carry a fake Louis Vuitton, even though I've bought several in both New York City and Rome, Italy.

I bought a fake purse in Rome, and I snub it because it's fake. Hello? I bought it in Rome!

I see absolutely nothing wrong with wearing $200.00 shoes with $20.00 jeans. The shoes redeem the jeans.

If I want to buy a $200.00 pair of shoes, I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. After all, I can't buy a $300.00 pair of sunglasses, and then wear them with Keds.

If I want something (and I'm careful with this power, I promise) I need only mention it to my husband. As a result, I have some pretty bling, a new computer (to replace the "old" computer that was only a year old) to play Sims on, and yes, I've been to Rome.

I don't know if the Brat gene will ever really come out -- but I'm definitely spoiled, and throwing a fit is something I don't really have to do. But I'm very well aware of the fact that when I want something (a thing or a moment, or whatever), I MUST make it happen.

Some will call that determination, others will say I'm just a brat. It's okay. Really.


Some of you mentioned wanting the details of my naughty grown-up night. I'll sit down tomorrow and give you all the details. I say that not only to let you know I haven't forgotten about you, but also to warn my ex-husband (who regularly reads my blog) that he might want to skip Tuesday's post.

If you play, let me know and I'll give you that linky lovin'!