Friday, December 02, 2005

The Wisdom of Funky Bloggers

I'm constantly amazed at the wealth of information I gather from blogging -- life lessons, financial tips, spiritual treats, sex tips, inspiration for art, etc...

How many times have you read something in a blog post and thought to yourself (or commented) "I am definitely going to have to remember this!"

Yeah, me too.
Oh, just me? Sorry.

Well, never fear. (You were a-fear'd, right?) I, Funky, have collected a few of those posts for your weekend enjoyment. I know we all go night-night-now on the blog over the weekends (traffic whores that we are) but if you're like me, you find yourself looking earnestly for something to amuse you until your friends' hangovers wear off. Well, now you can visit some of my friends and get all smarterer and stuff!

I hope this will become a regular installment, but I'll hold off on the "official banner" for now.

So without further delay, I bring you...

THE WISDOM OF FUNKY BLOGGERS

Have you lost your joy? Do you feel like some days you could just crawl under the bed with all the pizza crusts your dogs have stashed there, and just never, ever come out?

You need to put a sock on your head.

Yes, this is the cure for anything that ails you, so says Ebony Mommy. I've already tried this once, and yes, Kids, it does indeed work. I promise you that if you go put a sock on your head right now, you will instantly feel better. You cannot be sad with a sock on your head.



How do you know if you're raising your children right? How can you be sure you've instilled in them the proper values?
If you're not sure, ask Femi-Mommy. When I win the lottery, I'm going to commission her to write a book titled Parenting the Liberal Child.

Finally, from my fabulous bro-in-law Tim's blog I bring you church, you know, just in case you can't get there 'cause of that hangover...


I believe that God is on the side of the poor. That God is on the side of the Chippendales. That God is on the side of gay and lesbian people. That God is on the side of miserable, addicted, faithless, doubting, fallen, lost people. That God, in infinite Grace, has redeemed the world...
Anglican Archbishop Desmond Tutu said: “Jesus did not say, ‘I if I be lifted up I will draw some. Jesus said, ‘If I be lifted up I will draw all, all, all, all, all. Black, white, yellow, rich, poor, clever, not so clever, beautiful, not so beautiful. It’s one of the most radical things. All, all, all, all, all, all, all, all. All belong. Gay, lesbian, so-called straight. All, all are meant to be held in this incredible embrace that will not let us go. All.”


Now, go ye into the world with your socks on your head, social responsibility on your mind, and love in your hearts... or at least start with the sock.

This is Funky, and that is all.