Monday, February 13, 2006

Me-Me #18 -- The Second Marriage



Welcome to another installment of, "Come ON -- tell me the WHOLE story!" otherwise known as "I love to talk about myself", and in a pinch can be called Me-Me Monday. The object of the game is to refer to your 101 Things About Me list, pick one of your "things" and tell the whole sordid tale. If you're new and you want to grab this image for your post, see the instructions at the end of my post.

Before I start, I've had a few people ask how they can join. Well, kids, it's simple; just jump right in! If you have a list of 101 Things, you're ready to start. If you don't have a list, you can tell us a story about YOU YOU, and that will be the beginning of your list! No, you don't have to ask! But if you want to, let me know in the comments that you played, and I'll give you a link in my sidebar so all the Me-Mes can visit all the You Yous. Good? Cool.

18. I married my current husband at 34.

Remember last week when I told you about the love that opened my eyes? This love set me free from myself. It was every bad love song lyric, every tacky Hallmark card, every poorly cast Lifetime Movie for Women.

But it was real. And it was me.

Some time after my divorce, I set about dating. I knew I should take some time for myself, be by myself, but I was like an addict. I loved who I was when I was with him. I hated who I was without him. I had to fall in love like that again. And he was there through all my dating ventures. I remember calling him as I was driving to meet my first date. He was my sounding board, giving me courage to put myself out there again, reminding me that I was beautiful and worthwhile. I tried to do the same for him, but I secretly rejoiced when his dates went bad...when the Russian told him she thought he was wearing a wig...when they just didn't return his calls...even when they just didn't live up to his expectations.

Then something happened; we both found someone. Someone almost right. Someone just close enough to perfect that we thought we could settle into it for awhile. And I wasn't happy for him. And he wasn't happy for me. And neither of us told the other.

And some months went by, maybe even a season. I called him one morning. I had walked my someone to the door, closed it, locked it, and knew I wouldn't be seeing someone anymore. In fact, I was done with someones. And I called my love and confessed to him that as long as he held my heart, I was his. And until he let go, until I let go, I wasn't dating someones anymore.

And he told me he was mine.

And I asked him since when?

And he said since Valentine's Day, when he was dining with a someone and realized that he was thinking about me, wishing she would say something funny, wishing she had brown eyes.

And I asked him what this means?

Six months later he was standing in my state, in my sister's front yard, helping me sell my life in incriments of 25 cents. Two weeks later I arrived in his driveway some sixteen hours away.

He had a balloon waiting for me. It said, "Welcome Home."

He had no idea, truer words were never spoken.

Because I'm never more at home than I am in his presence.

And we were married almost a year later.



Because who wants to waste their time hanging with someones, when you can be with the one?



Happy Valentine's Day, Baby Mine.
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My Baby you'll be.



Let me know if you played so's I can give you that linky lovin!

Here's the instructions for scarfing up this image for your Me-Me Monday:
Make sure you replace the parenthesis with < > .

(a href="http://funkybug.blogspot.com/")
(img src="http://static.flickr.com/29/43386062_d480de8e1d_o.jpg" border="0")(/a)

Remember... no "()", but "<>"




This is Funky, and that is all.