Wednesday, June 28, 2006

We Interrupt This Vacation Recap...

... to Bring You a Live Update

Hi guys.

I've been functioning on auto pilot for so long that I've almost forgotten how to do this.

But tonight I just want to talk.

I want to talk about what's really going on over here in the Funkydome. (Did I ever tell you it's a "me"ocracy, and I'm the President?)

Some stuff is the same. I'm still working the same job... the one I really really thought I wanted... that professional work atmosphere that would make me feel productive and valuable in the workplace. What a joke. It's not a horrible job by any means. It's not a hectic job, or a stressful job, or even a dirty job that somebody's got to do. Rather, it's a mindless button-pushing job that numbs my brain. Some days (or eras) that's a good thing. It's nice to arrive in the morning, push buttons, then go home at the end of the day. It's nice some days to just be there, then be gone. But as far as the big-picture thing goes, it's not exactly my life's ambition. Be that as it may, my boss is very liberal with vacation time, sick days, and days for taking care of personal (read "kids") things. So I am still there, and will most likely remain there until the Grown-up Fairie sprinkles What-I-Want-to-Be dust on my pillow while I sleep.

Speaking of vacation days, I was taking a smoke-break with my work buddy today, and I told her how I longed to just get the hell out of town for a few days. I told her I kind of wanted to drive over to Orlando and spend the weekend by the pool... maybe catch some dinner theater or some such fun. While my eyes were still sparkling she was sharpening the pin she uses to burst my bubble. "Good luck finding a hotel room on the July 4 weekend!" I tossed my shrivelled bubble on the concrete and went back to button pushing. Four hours later LoveBug called and said, "How would you like to get the hell out of Dodge for the weekend? My baby needs a vacation, and I'm ready to whisk you away." So cool. So we're heading over to Ft. Laud for the weekend to check out a new Wine Bar and grab dinner at one of our favorite haunts. Can't help lovin' that man o' mine.

Speaking of dinner (I know, it's like I bought Segways for Dummies or something), I'm STILL on Nutri-system! Can you believe it?!? I survived the Floating Buffet, dropped the slight weight gain from said cruise ship in about a week, and I'm still losing. In fact, I'm knocking on the 40-lb mark... 35.6 lbs to be exact. I'm sort of fudging around with the program right now, and it's actually working really well. In essence, I stick to only Nutri-system entrees during the week, plus my fruits and veggies, but I don't eat EVERYTHING I'm supposed to. I might consume MAYBE 800 calories in a day. Then on the weekends I just eat whatever I want for dinner, but ONLY A BIT. Now, the caveat is, "whatever I want" has changed a lot. I no longer want the same stuff I used to. Certain foods just make me sick (like heavy sauces, all red meat, and most sugary-sweet desserts). Since experimenting with this new way of eating, I've started losing a steady 2lbs/week. So yeah, go me.

Speaking of go me (okay, ran out of segways), CadiBug is coming home. I'm not sure how much to say about that. I'm glad she loves me. I'm glad she loves her daddy. I'm glad to be able to be with her as she grows into a young lady. Hopefully we've both learned some very important lessons about communication, respect, and responsibility. If not, at least I know that I won't die if we decide she needs to leave again. If nothing else, you guys might want to consider buying stock in Southwest Airlines.

Speaking of... ah, forget it. That's a wrap, Kids. I'm going to grab a glass of this fabulous white wine I found (it's called Nora... try it) and curl up with a good book. I'll catch you all on the flipside of the weekend.

This is Funky, and that is all.