Monday, August 07, 2006

So You Had a Bad Day

No visits tonight, sorry. I'm feeling a little bit stressed out.

Today was funky, but not in a good way. It literally started at 12 a.m. this morning. That's what time the clock said it was when I realized that I was not falling asleep. I was forced to take a half-dosage of a sleep aide in order to get the few hours I did manage.

The alarm went off at 5:30 a.m. I figure the pill took at least 30 minutes to kick in. I took it at 12:30 a.m. You do the math. I'm too tired for addition -- or subtraction. Or whatever.

So the day was major autopilot until I got home. The kids had their first day of school today. I should have seen it coming. WHY THE FUCK DO SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS GIVE THE PARENTS HOMEWORK? I spent over an hour filling out forms and answering questions. Some of those forms were in quadruplicate. Yes, that's now a word, thanks to my kids' school.

Then there were the additional supply lists. Not that I get mad about pitching in. Lord knows those school budgets are never allocated to the actual teachers or kids. But for fuck sake! I spent over $200.00 yesterday on supplies, and racked up another $50.00 this evening for "additional" supplies. I haven't even gotten to the "wants" list. I only bought for two kids!

Then the struggle to put my oldest to bed. Oh man -- I was really hoping some things had changed, but that child is still testing her limits. Give me strength.

So, I have had only fifteen minutes to myself all day, and this is how I spent it.

Beats the hell out of stripping naked and running through the neighborhood, screaming at the top of my lungs... from a legal stance anyhow.

I know there's always a tomorrow... but if it's anything like today...

This is Funky, and that is all.