Saturday, July 08, 2006

I'm a Bad Blogger

But I'm okay with that...mostly.

When I started blogging I did it to keep in touch with friends and family. I did it to write. Then I started getting comments.

Suddenly I wanted to be a blog star. It was all about the comments. It was all about finding new bloggy friends.

Then the roof caved in. I had to reach out and get my real life back.

Now I'm addicted to television, which is far more healthy, don't you think?

But I never shut down the blog because I still want to keep in touch with friends and family. And I still want to write.

So I'm really sorry if I don't visit those of you who still comment. I mean, sometimes I do, but not often. And not because I don't care. Mostly because I just don't sit in front of my computer for hours at a time. I've lost the desire to be a mouse potato.

This blog will remain, for me, for those of you who are friends and family and want to see what's going on in my life, whenever something is going on that is. If you need to stop coming around, it won't hurt my feelings. I'm a big girl now, and I know how the blogosphere works.

****END OF DISCLAIMER****

So what's going on right now? I'm trying to relish my last weekend sans responsibiliy. I'm heading out next weekend to fetch my kids from their dad's house. Very soon I will put my chauffer cap back on, open up the personal ATM I call my purse, and frantically search for last minute school supplies at 11:00pm at night. I will put on my referee jersey and break up fights. But I'll also giggle over a great South Park episode, and I'll discover new music as it floats out the crack under a bedroom door. I'll see more smiles, take more pictures, and the house won't feel quite as big as it does now.

Speaking of music and fetching babies, I'm getting ready to make a very very very long drive next weekend, so I'm searching for new music. I've discovered the following:

Holly Brook
Saving Jane
Imogen Heap
The Veronicas
Lucy Woodward
Chantal Kreviazuk
Antigone Rising

Now look over the list carefully and tell me, noticing a strange pattern, what else I should know about before I hit the road. Hit me with all your suggestions, keeping in mind that Saving Jane is now my anthem band. Keep in mind that I believe Paula Cole knows what it's like to be me. Keep in mind that Jessica Simpson makes my ears bleed. Keep in mind that I don't care to hear how happy a man is when he finds a sexy woman to love. Whatever.

This is Funky, and that is all.