Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Red, Red Wine

LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!




Whoa... would ya look at the time? It's like... well, it's past my bedtime. But I promised myself I would relax and enjoy this lovely glass of Beaujolais before cashing in this day. (No, it's NOT Nouveau. What kind of wine snob do you think I am?)

So I'm listening to Lucy Woodward, and I'm listening to Saving Jane, and some of the others that were recommended to me. By the way... if you got the hint and picked up on the theme of WOMEN vocalist who were basically treated like shit all through high school and into early adulthood, AND still occassionally hurt like hell remembering... AND still get their panties in a wad because they're forced to get along in a world that perpetuates the traditions of cliques and status, DING DING DING you win the prize. Yes, that's what I'm going for. That's what I need to be hearing right now.

So I thought it would be lovely to check in with you fine kids and let you know where I'll be until I'm back in the saddle again.

Basically, for the rest of this week, I'll have my head shoved firmly up my ass. I'm doing my damnest to get the house in order before I get in my car and drive all fuck to Indiana to pick up my kids. It's like this: get in the car, drive for a fucking millenia, pick up the kids, and drive the fuck back. For all the fucking, you'd think it's a joy ride, but it's not. Between now and next week, I'm either cleaning, or driving. Oh for joy.

Occassionally you may find me at Cyberia, for those of you who have characters. The rest of you will just have to catch me on the flip side of next week.

Shit. Glass is empty. Say goodnight, Gracie.




This is Funky, and that is all.