Tuesday, May 22, 2018

It's My Blogger and I'll Write When I Want To


I have been pretty nervous about the first day of class. I took my placement exam a few weeks ago, the response was the Parisian version of "Oh Honey, bless your heart." I knew enough to skip the beginners' week, maybe enough to even skip week two, but there was really no telling so they just put me in week three and we hoped for the best.

Thankfully being in Paris for the last week and cramming my butt off while practicing out and about tuned my ear to the sounds and my brain to the language. It was like muscle memory. It started coming back and while I'm not the smartest in the class, I'm easily the second or third of highest proficiency.

TL/DR Version: I kicked some pretty decent ass today, and class was fun and challenging. I learned. I learned. I learned.