Thursday, March 24, 2005

Oh.My.Holy



No. No. No. Surely this is the straw that will break my delicate back.

Driving down the road this morning I am rejoicing. The Lovebug has been gone for four days and he returns this evening. The sun, while not quite shining, is surely shining on my face. The windows are down, the birds are singing, and as I scan through my radio stations, the brilliant trumpet line of "Rosanna" makes its way to my ear. What a perfect pick-me-up to start the day. I quickly stop the scan button.

"All I wanna do in the middle of the evening is hold you tight...Rosanna, Hosanna..."

What the fuck? Did they just say, "Hosanna?" I turn the radio up louder and take a gulp of coffee. I must not be awake yet. I must have been semi-hallucinating.

"All I wanna do is tell the whole world about your saving grace, Hosanna, Hosanna..."

Look, you Talibornagains, you wanna erect a nativity on the courthouse lawn, go ahead. You want to shield the world from Janet Jackson's boobies, fine. You wanna keep George W. Bush in office, so be it, but don't start fucking with my 80's music or we're going to have a serious problem!Posted by Hello