Sunday, May 08, 2005

True Conversation

Cadybug hops into bed with me this morning to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. Having just returned from a weekend with her best friend, she shares the details of her exciting Saturday night.

Cadybug: So, it was pretty emotional. I mean, everything was fine, then Granny (her best friend's Granny) decides she wants to take us to the mud hole (a place, I am told, where there is mud) and Jessica's grandpa says no. So Granny gets mad and starts yelling at him that he never takes her anywhere and he never lets her do anything...then Granny starts picking shit up off the table and throwing it...

LoveBug interrupts: Did you just say, "shit?"


CadyBug: No, I said "crap." Anyway, Jessica's mom tries to calm Granny down, and Granny hits her, so Jessica's mom hits her back. Then Granny grabs a beer bottle and chases us to the car.

Me: CadyBug, honey...I know you like spending time with Jessica and her family, but don't you think there's a lesson to be learned from all this?

CadyBug: Absolutely. Never give Granny tequila.