Thursday, November 10, 2005

Flirting and Being in Love

"We got the afternoon
You got this room for two
One thing I've left to do
Discover me
Discovering you"

LoveBug came back from the gym this evening and settled into his chair. Another typical evening in the FunkyB household -- kids fast asleep, me playing Sims or blogging, LoveBug listening to Stephanie Miller and reading Daily Kos.


Or so I thought...

"One mile to every inch of
Your skin like porcelain
One pair of candy lips and
Your bubblegum tongue"

FUNKYBUG: Whatcha doin' ?
LOVEBUG: Nothin' (grins).
FUNKYBUG: I love John Mayer.
LOVEBUG: I know (still grinning).

And then, one after one, the song list rolls -- our first song, our make-out song, our break-up song, our we-were-meant-to-be-together song, and so on. Occassionally he gets up from his seat to tilt my head back and kiss me passionately.

And this is how he surprises me today. He loves me by taking care of me. He loves me by spoiling me. He loves me by kicking me in the ass (figuratively) when I don't take care of myself. He loves me by taking my daughter to the dentist and my son to a skateboarding exposition. He loves me by flirting with me -- by playing our songs, one after another, after another.

"And if you want love
We'll make it
Swimming a deep sea
Of blankets
Take all your big plans
And break 'em
This is bound to be a while"

And just when it can't get any better, when it can't get any sweeter...when he's played my songs, he runs his fingers down the back of my neck and clicks play:


"Shut your fucking face uncle fucka
You're a cock sucking ass licking uncle fucka"



LoveBug, Your Body is a Wonderland, Indeed. Your mind I worry about.

Oh how I love that man of mine.