Sunday, November 13, 2005

Me-Me Monday #8



Welcome to another installment of, "Come ON -- tell me the WHOLE story!" otherwise known as "I love to talk about myself", and in a pinch can be called Me-Me Monday. The object of the game is to refer to your 101 Things About Me list, pick one of your "things" and tell the whole sordid tale.

I've had some requests for the image, and to make life easy for you, I've put it on my flickr page. Here's your sign ;)

Make sure you replace the parenthesis with < > .

(a href="http://funkybug.blogspot.com/")
(img src="http://static.flickr.com/29/43386062_d480de8e1d_o.jpg" border="0")(/a)

Remember... no "()", but "<>"

8. I'm an Army brat.

Okay - let me just say that there comes a time in every 101 Blogger's life that they realize they are just talking out their ass. When I sat down to write this post, I realized I had NO idea what an Army Brat really was. That's when I realized that I had, in essence created verbal ass-age. I should probably change #8, and eventually I will, but I'll just go with it for now.

According to THE INTERNETS, an Army Brat is a child of an active serviceman in the Army. See, there's where I screwed up. My step-dad Sarge married my mom when I was like, three years old. He retired from active duty about four years later. SO, technically I was not RAISED an Army brat.

An Army Brat never lays down roots because they never know when the Tree Service will come and chop them down. Again, not me.

So, I'm not an Army Brat. BUT I was raised in a military-style household. Even though Sarge retired when I was in second grade, he took a job working for Indiana University as an ROTC instructor. My house was boot camp, all day long, every day, constantly. No, the sheets didn't need to be tight enough to bounce a quarter on...that would have required Sarge to put down the bottle and fish out a quarter. However, I definitely knew the fear of mis-speaking (or speaking in general) and leaving anything, ANYWHERE it did not belong.

I had roots, but I wasn't rooted. So I guess I wasn't raised an Army brat. I was just a brat being raised by an Army guy. More on THAT next week!

You know the routine -- let me know if you play, and I'll link you up!