Sunday, March 26, 2006

Greetings from the Mouth of the Rat

We're all checked in and cozy in Boca Raton. I just had a lovely smoke break on the balcony overlooking the pool I shall spend tomorrow lounging by.

I think as time passes, I'm finding my way in this world again. I've learned that kids make mistakes, and the bigger they get, the bigger their mistakes. And that's okay as long as they have a good, firm place to land. My kids have that.

Since starting NutriSystem other things have changed as well. I have boundless energy, and with that comes a new lease on life, as trite as that may sound. I look at the world in a way that is entirely different. It's not the weight loss, it's the healthy things I put into my body on a daily basis that have made a huge difference already.

I'm finally at home with myself. I bet you never knew I was homeless, did you? Well, I was. And now, I'm not.

So I sit here in my hotel room, in the Mouth of the Rat, and I can see that life is truly, very, very good.

And I see that though I've been silent, you've been coming around. And that warms my heart. I can appreciate you all in a new way as well. Once I thought my blog friends were my rock... but now I see you all as diamonds.

And when I crawl out of the Rat's Mouth, I'll come by to let you know how much I appreciate you all.

Blessings and Peace.

This is Funky, and that is all.