Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Confessions of a Purse Whore

Hi. My name is Robin, and I'm a purse whore. I don't remember my first designer bag, but if I could go back in time, I would stop myself from inhaling...the fine leather of Louis Vuitton or Coach. It's too late for me now. I'm an addict.
I think I started here:




After collecting four of them, with matching wallets, I moved on to Coach.

(mine's baby blue though)
One day I wandered across the mall to the Fendi store.

(picture suede, no print)
This of course led naturally to the following...

...and then...

...and then several of these...

...which I stopped collecting once I saw all the fake ones out there. I mean, why buy something everyone is just going to ASSUME is a knock-off, right?

Eventually I said, "You know what? This is getting silly. Stop. Now."

Then I found one of these at a vintage shop in Charleston:

(looks nothing like mine, but the only Tod's bag photo I could find.)

THEN I vowed to quit, and quit for good. I have enough dead cow in my closet to get me through many many years of purse whoredom.

But would you LOOk at this?!?!
Ecoistbags.com

I mean, how could I NOT buy one (or four)? It's FOR A GOOD CAUSE, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!

Step one is admitting you have a problem. I do have a problem - I don't have a pair of these:

Yet...