Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Why? Why Would I Do This Again???

Oh yes, because I hate my job.

If you've been around for awhile, you'll remember that a few months ago I applied for a job, posted on the day of my interview, and then kept y'all hanging on the line while I waited. Those of you hangin' will also remember I did not get said job. You may also remember the let-down sounding like this:

"It was down between you and another person, and honestly if she hadn't already had some experience in this area, we would have chosen you. I wish I had two job openings. If another position becomes available, would you be interested in talking with me again?"

And then you'd remember me saying, "Of course" out loud, but saying "Yeah yeah, whatever, man."

So I guess there's really no surprise if I say that the department called two weeks ago and asked me if I was still interested...said there's a job opening...scheduled my interview for today at 1:20pm.

I'm putting myself back out there, boys and girls. I am some kind of sadist. Wish me luck.