Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Into the Mouths of Babes

*Before we begin today's post - just a reminder; I am serving up the daily dose of FunkyB from a new computer. All my bookmarks are stored on the old computer. That means your site is lost in oblivion...but if you comment, I'll find my way back to you. Yeah -- it's that easy, Paul!*

INTO THE MOUTHS OF BABES

Maybe I mentioned it, maybe I didn't. For the record, about two months ago, my daughter announced that she was a vegan.



Yes, as a matter of fact, my first thought WAS "Yeah, yeah, Princess. That's nice."

Okay, so we're going into month three of the Endless Array of Vegan Facts.

Did you know they club pigs to stun them before the slaughter?


Did you know they drown chickens in boiling water?



Did you know they force baby cows to live for months in a tiny little pen so they produce tender veal?


Did you know killing fish pollutes the waters?



Did you know that only 2% of vegans are overweight?



Yeah...that last one got your attention, didn't it?

In the last two months, my baby has dropped massive amounts of unwanted babyfat. That one got MY attention.

I have struggled with my weight all my life. Diets work -- but every pound I've ever lost has found fifteen friends. So as I trek on in the endless pursuit of permanent health, I have adopted yet another "this has got to work" remedy. After all, my daughter inherited my metabolism, so maybe, just maybe, she's already figured out a way to beat it.

I've given in. I am officially meat-free. I have crossed over to the dark side. I am Vegan. Hear me roar (for a big juicy cheeseburger I can no longer have).