Thursday, April 13, 2006

Zombie Chronicles

Oh my god I'm sooooooooooooooooooo tired! Day from hell? Not exactly... but definitely a long damned day.

I got to work and all was going according to plan. Type, smoke, type some more, etc... 'Round 'bout 2pm, a small crisis hit. Apparantly an attorney had ordered a transcript to be completed in 20 days as opposed to the normal 30 days. Whoever received the designation didn't notice, and followed protocol, sticking it on the bottom of the ever-growing pile of appeals and such. The attorney called this afternoon because it's due for her hearing at 9am on Monday morning.

This wouldn't have been a problem if we weren't on holiday Friday.

So I thought long and hard about the fact that I basically had two days off this week, and volunteered to be the team player... meaning I volunteered to come in over the weekend and type.

I left work at 5:30 and went to my photography class. After a very brief panel discussion, he let us go at 7:00. So smart me, I decide that I should go BACK to work and finish the transcript, saving myself the agony of working over a three-day weekend.

No sooner did I pull into the drive, change into my pajamas and hit the couch (at 10:30pm), when CadiBug informed me that her throat was swollen and had been all day. She hadn't eaten, and could we please go get some ice cream or popsicles?

So back in the car to wander this one-horse town in search of a gas station or minimart that would sell us said items.

It's now 11:41 and I've been running since 7am.

Tomorrow I meet my personal trainer... at 9am. Bright and early. I can tell you right now I will hate him no matter what he looks like.


This is Funky, and that is all.