Monday, August 29, 2005

Sleep? We don't need no stinkin' sleep...

So I've got this problem, see... not many people know this, but occassionally, for no apparant reason, I'm struck with a mild case of insomnia. It's mild in the sense that it hits only occassionally, and it's only MILD ENOUGH TO KEEP MY FUCKING ASS AWAKE.

Why is it that the weight of the world decides to rest itself on my weary shoulders, right as my head hits the goose-down? WHY???

This week should prove to be something of a challenge, and I need my FUCKING SLEEP.

Interestingly, cursing at the blogosphere does NOT in help.

This week I:

Send off my first contract - yes, finally, I've sold a song. Well, "sold" is a relative term. Let's say this; some company is interested in obtaining the rights to my song to maybe sell it - maybe. You know what? I don't give a shit. Sell it - loan it - roll it and smoke it. I recorded this project four years ago and those songs have been gathering dust while my producer watches Oprah. I suppose though, the anticipation of what this might mean has me awake.

Then again, I start my new job on Thursday. I've worked in the same joint for 3 years, but I've worked in the school systems for 9 years. I'm out. I'm done. I'm sick of abstinence-only education and teachers who don't teach because they have to drill kids to take stupid fucking tests. Where was I? Oh yeah - new job. Shit. New. Job.

Well, it's any wonder I'm blogging at 3am.

Here's a picture of Kati. Mama likes her some photoshop. I'm going back to bed. Wish me luck, and wake me up before you go-go.