Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Broken Vow

Remember a few weeks back when I "reclaimed" my blog? I vowed to write for me, and only for me? I stated quite plainly that I was not going to apologize for my beliefs, my ideas, or my convictions?

I'm such a hypocrite.

I want to write about this:



This matters to me tonight.

But I know if I go into my little "bad, death penalty, bad!" diatribe, I'm going to piss someone off.

And I hate pissing people off.

Except when I do it on purpose, and then I love it.

But I'm just not up to division tonight.

A group of about three dozen death penalty protesters were joined by the Rev.
Jesse Jackson as they marched across the Golden Gate Bridge after dawn Monday en route to the gates of San Quentin, where they were expected to rally with hundreds of people.

At least publicly, the person apparently least occupied with his fate seemed to be [Tookie] Williams himself.

"Me fearing what I'm facing, what possible good is it going to do for me? How is that going to benefit me?" Williams said in a recent interview. "If it's my time to be executed, what's all the ranting and raving going to do?"


We can scream to the wind, plead to the heavens, and cry in our beer, but in the end, if we haven't tried to live peacefully, what have we really accomplished?

If there's any truth to "an eye for an eye", then how does the eye-plucking ever stop?

If you believe in God, and you believe He said, "Vengeance is Mine" why are you removing the quotation marks?

See, I said I wouldn't do this.

But I did.




This is Funky, and that is all.